Monday 15 November 2010

Initial Ideas for the Title




To start off, i just used the main word 'Magazines' to look through and select a wide variety of different fonts and see how they look against each other. From this i then selected a few fonts that i like, and created a new document and put them into it. I then thought about what name i should call this magazine. I came up with a few when i wrote the preliminary exercise ideas, so i decided to call it 'Trend'. I thought that this went well for a new fashion magazine plus it was a name that has not actually been used for a published magazine that is out today, such as 'Mode' or 'Vogue'.


After i had opted to use 'Trend' as my title, i went back to the three fonts i had selected and put my title name in those fonts. I decided i liked the top font the best so i then started to play around with colours. I tested a six different colours in which that last two i changed the colour of the 'T' to see how it looked and if it would make the title stand out. I decided that i didn't really like it that much, so i resorted back to a black colour font and played around with the background colour. I used the same six colours that i used for the words. I thought that this look quite good, but it could be better. Finally i thought that if i put the font on a black background it would stand out quite nicely. I changed the colour of the font and i decided that i really liked how i had done this, the only problem was choosing a font colour to go on the black background.






Using the black background, i decided to use different font colours to see how well it stands out. I had decided i was going to put 'College fashion magazine' underneath the main title, in different colour. So from this, all i now had to do was mix and match different colours and see which ones go best and which one i like the most.


I have decided that the best title that would be appropriate for the new college fashion magazine, and that would stand out would be the the main word 'Trend' in yellow, and the words 'College fashion magazine' in a pink/purple colour.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment